Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Severance Insurance

Things are a shakin'! Word on the street is that the severance insurance guys are about to make some announcement. Big placement? Fresh capital? Strategic alliance? Kissing corportions off and casting their lot with the folks who have gotten fired? I haven't a clue. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The one thing that I do have a clue about is this economy is in free fall (whether acknowledged by the pundits, or not) and going to generate a whole lot of folks who get fired. Whether caused by the global economy, the declining dollar, outsourcing, technology...you name it, real full time jobs held by real people are at risk.

I've talked about the similarities with disability insurance. The most obvious similarity is that whether injured, ill or fired they all have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. The disabled have all sorts of options. I still can't figure out why the displaced have none.

willy

No comments: